2 onions, sliced finely
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tbsp ghee or oil
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
2 x 440g (14 oz) cans chickpeas, drained
1 x 440g (14 oz) canned tomato pieces
1 tsp garam masala
1. Heat ghee or oil in a medium pan.
2. Add onion and garlic to pan and cook over a medium heat, stirring, until soft.
3. Add chilli powder, salt, turmeric, paprika, cumin and coriander. Stir over heat for 1 min.
4. Add chickpeas and undrained tomatoes, stir until combined.
5. Simmer covered, over a low heat for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
6. Stir in garam masala.
7. Simmer covered for another 10 mins.
NOTE: This curry makes a delicious meal wrapped inside chapattis or naan bread.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Total cooking time: 40 – 45 mins