5 heaped tbsp honey
5 heaped tbsp tahini
1 1/2 cups mixed dried fruit (dates, figs, apricots etc)
1/2 cup carob powder
1/2 cup buckwheat seeds
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup linseed meal
1 cup millet meal (can be modified so you only use 2 cups of either linseed meal or millet meal not both)
1 cup soy flour (can also be polenta or brown rice flour if preferred)
1 cup oats flakes (can also be barley bran or rice bran if preferred)
Soy milk or fruit juice to mix
1. Melt honey and tahini in large saucepan but do not boil.
2. Then add dried fruit, carob powder, buckwheat seeds, coconut, linseed meal, millet meal, flour, oat flakes and mix together.
3. If needed you can add in some soy milk or fruit juice to moisten mixture.
4. Tip mixture into a small greased (or oil sprayed) tin.
5. Flatten mixture using your hands. Use a little water on your palm to moisten mixture.
6. Bake in a low oven for 45 mins
7. When still slightly warm, cut into squares.
Have 1 – 2 biscuits per day to increase fibre level and aid sluggish bowel