1kg Sweet Potato, peeled and chopped
3 slices stale mixed grain bread, crusts removed OR 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup of Rice Crumbs
1⁄2 cup unsalted roasted cashews
400g can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped Coriander
2 green onions (shallots), sliced thinly
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
1 cup Greek-style yoghurt
1 tablespoon finely shredded fresh mint
1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
1. Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced). Grease a 11cm x 25cm loaf tin; line base and long sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over long sides.
2. Blend or process bread and cashews until coarsely chopped. Add the mixture to the sweet potato with chickpeas, coriander, onion, cumin and eggs.
3. Heat the mustards seeds in a frying pan until they start popping; add to sweet potato mixture with salt & pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly to combine.
4. Spoon the mixture into loaf tin. Bake for 50mins or until browned and firm to touch.
5. Take out of oven and let stand for 10mins before turning out, cutting into thick slices and serving with raita.
6. Combine yoghurt, mint and lemon rind in a small bowl.