The foods most highly recommended in an anti-cancer diet are (in no particular order)...
1. Green tea, esp Japanese green tea (eg sencha)
2. Olives and olive oil, preferably black olives and cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
3. Turmeric - mixed with black pepper and olive oil for better absorption
4. Ginger - as tea, herbal extract, or grated fresh into veggies or veggie juice
5. Cruciferous Vegetables - ie cabbage, brussel sprouts, bok choy, broccoli, cauliflower only lightly and briefly cooked to preserve the sulforaphane and indoles
6. Garlic, onion, leek, shallot, chives - their sulfur compounds promote cancer cell death
7. Fruits and Vegetables - rich in carotenoids which boost immune function
8. Tomatoes - esp as cooked tomato and with olive oil to improve absorption of the anti-oxidant lycopene
9. Mushrooms - shiitake, reishii, maitake. Used in Japan to complement chemotherapy
10. Pomegranate - in humans, daily intake of this juice slows the spread of prostate cancer by 67%
As well as consuming these in everyday life, I recommend that a person living with active cancer look at additional supplemental doses. See your Naturopath for more advice in this regard.